Blogger-Approved Winter Dinner Party Ideas
Recipes that impress, for your most delicious feast yet.
Urbanette’s Perfect 6 Course Vegan Thanksgiving
And if you’re still not sure what to cook, here’s a full meal plan for you. Recipes included:
1. Cranberry Pear Salad
2. Veggie Loaf
3. Butter Beans with Lemon-Garlic Collards
4. Apple, Onion & Cranberry Stuffing
5. Vegan Sweet Potato Joes
6. Apple-Date Torte
Cranberry Pear Salad
Number of Servings: 4 (213 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Ingredients
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
3 T. balsamic vinegar
1 t. whole grain mustard
1 t. honey
1/8 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 c. dried cranberries, juice (sweetened)
8 c. baby spinach
2 pears, cored and sliced
2/3 c. hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Toss the spinach, onions and pears with dressing. Sprinkle with cranberries and hazelnuts.
Number of Servings: 4 (150 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
1 1/2 c. cooked lentils
1 1/2 c. carrots, minced
1 red onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. Italian parsley, chopped
1 c. walnuts, divided
1 c. rolled oats, divided
1 T. sundried tomato, ground
1 t. canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Puree the cooked lentils and carrots together in a food processor until a paste forms. Transfer to a bowl and mix in onion, garlic, parsley and sundried tomato.
3. Process half of the walnuts and oats in the food processor until nicely powdered. Add to the lentil mixture. Roughly chop the remaining oats and nuts and stir into lentil mixture.
4. Lightly coat a 9 x 5 loaf pan with oil. Spread mixture in pan and bake 3035 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Butter Beans with Lemon-Garlic Collards
Number of Servings: 2 (247 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 1/4 c. butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 lg. head collard greens, washed and sliced
2 t. olive oil
2 t. garlic, minced
2 T. lemon juice
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Stir in collards, cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve hot.
Apple, Onion & Cranberry Stuffing
Number of Servings: 8 (219 G )
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 3045 Minutes
4 c. whole-wheat bread, cubed (6 slices)
4 c. white sandwich bread, cubed (6 slices)
1 3/4 c. vegetable broth
1 1/2 t. canola oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 lg. onion, chopped
4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
4 t. fresh sage, chopped
2 t. fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 c. cranberries, chopped
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 15 – 20 minutes.
2. While bread is toasting, heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 – 7 minutes. Add apples, cook for 3 minutes longer. Add 3/4 cup broth, sage and thyme.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the apples are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 5 – 7 minutes. Add the toasted bread and cranberries. Drizzle remaining broth over the mixture and toss until evenly moistened. Season with pepper.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 325° F. Transfer stuffing to a lightly oiled casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake until heated through, 35 – 45 minutes. If you would like a crisp top, uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking.
Vegan Sweet Potato Joes
Number of Servings: 6 (332 G )
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ cups tomato puree
1 tsp. salt
1½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1½ cups water
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup red lentils
6 medium sweet potatoes, baked
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender (8 – 10 minutes).
2. Stir in the tomato puree, salt, mustard, maple syrup, water, chili powder, and lentils. Bring to a rolling boil.
3. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the lentils are tender (2025 minutes). Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
4. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, mash with a fork, and top with lentils. Serve hot.
Number of Servings: 8 (234 G )
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
30 dates, pitted (divided)
1 c. warm water (divided)
1 1/2 c. walnuts
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
4 apples, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8″ tart pan with parchment paper. 2. Cover 18 dates with half of the warm water and set aside.
3. Place walnuts in food processor and grind to a fine meal. Add the remaining pitted dates and water and process until dates are blended with the walnuts to form a coarse, sticky meal. Press mixture into tart pan.
4. Place soaking dates and their liquid in blender along with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth.
5. In a medium bowl, toss apple slices with the date sauce. Layer into crust.
6. Bake for 3045 minutes, or until apples are tender when poked with a fork. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon to serve.
Recipes provided exclusively for Urbanette, by Guiding Stars.
I’ve also created two Pinterest boards. One that has Delicious Vegan Recipes, and one that’s just Holiday Recipes and DIY. You can click the images here to go directly to those boards. Hope you like them!
Still want more? Check out this list of 25 Vegan Holiday Recipes, and have yourself a happy and healthy vegan holiday!