Magazine Volunteership Opportunities
Be a part of the most flexible magazine around. Create your own job title. Yup, that’s right. We can get our own damn coffee!
We need someone who is able to attract readers and expand our viewership.
- Sharing articles in Facebook Groups.
- Sharing articles on Reddit, linking to them in Wikipedia, referencing them in answers on Yahoo Answers, etc.
- Finding brand mentions and ask them to share the article that mentions them.
- Sharing articles in Pods (we’ll explain this).
- Finding articles on the same topics as ours and post comments on other blogs, linking back to Urbanette. Asking the author to link to our article from within their article.
- Making collages using Canva, then posting them on Facebook and Pinterest with a link to the article, and a catchy phrase that will make people want to click.
- Finding other ways to get new readers.
Along with your resume, please include this sample: list three techniques (that we’re not already doing) to increase our: A) readership, and B) followers on social media. Also, include a couple of techniques that you should avoid in order to avoid losing followers.
We want your creative ideas for other ways to get new readers!
I’ve loved your articles, especially Obsessed with thin, has the media gone too far? and Digital beauty and kids on diets. I’ve been reading your magazine since I was 16 in 2003 and loved them! Since then I think you’ve expanded a little too much into other things.
If only I didn’t have another job I would really apply. Your job description looks very enticing.
Recommending this to my writer friends. I’m pretty sure they qualify.
Cool! Are you always hiring? I’m interested as a graphic designer. I really want to apply and I’m willing to send my portfolio. I’ll send an email. I hope you can consider my application. It would be really nice to work with people that I truly admire. I really hope that I will be given the chance! Thanks xx ❤️
I wish I could apply but I already work full-time. I love Urbanette.
Oh how nice, you also do internships! I wish I did mine in your company instead. I didn’t learn anything from my past internship and I was really disappointed.
I’m still studying at the moment and I’m into journalism. Would love to work with Urbanette in the future.?
Wow, my sister seems to be the perfect fit for one of the positions listed. I’m going to share this to her and ask her if she wants to apply. I’ve been an avid reader of your page since 2015. I know it’s only been a few years but I constantly read and re-read your articles whenever I want to read something empowering. Thank heavens for this magazine. It would be amazing if my sister can also be a part of your educational team, Urbanette. More power.
I would have loved to work with you people but I’m not really good in writing. I’m more of a backend developer type of person.
Seems like a great working environment to always keep in mind the needs of your employees other than just your deadlines. I’m sure they really appreciate the helping hand.
That’s very nice of them to do. Especially for working students or those who are working part-time.