My Adventures in Speed Dating
Three personas, three events. The experiment begins.
Here’s how it works: When you enter the venue you are given a paper that has 25 blank lines and one ‘Yes’ and one ‘No’ box next to each. You are also given a name tag with your name and your assigned number. When the dating begins you sit down and either stay sitting or move from table to table (follow the numbers on the tables). After each ‘date’ you record the person’s assigned number on one of the blank lines and tick either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ (to signify whether you’d like to exchange emails). There is one break (like an intermission) half way through for drinks or the washroom.
Pretty much all of the services gave the same stats as far as average success rates go: About 80% of people have at least one match. The average person checks six YES boxes (for people they would like to see again.) Of that six, about three match up, with the other person also checking YES.
Here’s a quick summary of the pros and cons of speed dating:
- If you don’t have a way to meet potential dates, this is a great way to get a very quick overview of 20 or so people who are also looking for a relationship.
- You can ask pretty much whatever you want right away. If you don’t like the answers, you don’t have to waste any more time talking to the person.
- In comparison, with Internet dating a person’s whole identity (not to mention their sex!) could be completely false or fabricated. With speed dating at least you pretty much know that their motives are sincere (not to mention that yes, they are in fact male or female.)
- It can be superficial, as the way someone looks and dresses is a big part of what you’ll have to go on since you’re not going to get an idea of the person’s morals or character in a few minutes of small talk.
- You (or they) may check ‘No’ to the nicest person there, as a good talker and dresser would have more success at these events than someone who may be a bit shy but has integrity.
BBWCupid is a BBW dating and matching website that connects big, beautiful, women to other singles who are interested in looking for a serious partner. It is a part of the well-established Cupid Media network that operates over 30 reputable niche dating sites.Meet BBW singles. A premium service designed for BBW and their admirers. Review your matches for free. Join now. bbwcupid.tk
BBWCupid is a BBW dating and matching website that connects big, beautiful, women to other singles who are interested in looking for a serious partner. It is a part of the well-established Cupid Media network that operates over 30 reputable niche dating sites.Meet BBW singles. A premium service designed for BBW and their admirers. Review your matches for free. Join now.https://www.bbwcupid.tk/
I have a speed dating event coming up. Already I feel as though it’s not the women who are being treated like sheep, but the men. First bad impression given by the organisers is that the women are to be allocated a table. The men then have 4 minutes to talk, then it’s the men who have to move table to the next woman while they sit there making their judgement. Why can’t the simplest way of dating/meeting new partners, start on an equal footing? Baaa!
Great article. I totally agree. The great thing about speed dating is that every individual who comes to speed dating is open to getting to meet and know new people. So, with speed dating, you will either leave with your perfect match or a bunch of new friends. Speed dating is a good icebreaker. Thank you for this great piece.
It is always a numbers game and speed dating can help you meet a lot of people in a short amount of time, of course so can online dating but it has its own pitfalls
For real? Are women moving instead of men? Chivalry is dead!! They are more in favor of men, that’s why.
Whoa! That’s the deal if you’re lying while on a speed date. You will meet and meet people you met before. It’s up to you how will you handle your lying. It’s better, to tell the truth from the start.
Have you ever been on a speed date? Well, better try for you to know how it feels.
Wow! Your stewardess character is insane!!! How did you do that? Well, men would like to date a stewardess. who wouldn’t want, right?
It’s hard to lie especially in your career. Like that, what if there’s someone connected to your fake job? It’s hard if you thought you are being caught up! Hahahaha You’re a good liar, I think.
I used to lie in speed dating. It’s a way to impress your target partner. It’s normal to lie in speed dating, but of course, make sure you can handle it.
I remember when I lied on a speed date and ends up we both like each other. I’m so fucked up that time. Hahaha!